Friday, April 16, 2010

Running...faster!

Running Buddy is determined that we will improve our running times.  We started doing "Speed Sprints" (or as I call them "Run like a psycho is chasing you") to boost our endurance and strength.  As I  mentioned in previous posts, Running Buddy has run 2 marathons, and countless races, and I'm still fairly new at this, but I feel like I'm in grade school again and can't keep up with the "fast crowd"!



Our sprints consisted of running as fast as we could for 1 minute and resting for 3.  We did this 4 times.  Second, we sprinted for 30 seconds and jogged for 1 minute - 3 times.

The first time we did the Speed Sprints, I walked with pain for 2 days!  But, it was pain in muscles in my legs that I don't usually feel!  I like that - I feel like I'm building new muscles that will help me with my speed now!

I've got a 9 mile race in Big Sur at the end of April - we'll see if keeping up with my sprints will help improve my time!  Here's hoping!!

3 comments:

  1. I've started running sprints instead of the normal 30 minutes on the treadmill...they are tough!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Might I also suggest you SCREAM like a banshee while running like you are being chased. It really adds some authenticity to your sprint. Try it. Its a good idea. No seriously it is.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...