Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Running in the Yard!


This week I'm joining up for the first time with A Southern Daydreamer for Outdoor Wednesday!  I'm excited to show you what's happening outdoors at my house!

This iris comes back year after year - with absolutely no help from me!  It's a lovely surprise to see it pop up in the back yard!  Is it just me, or does anyone else see an angry "kitty face" in the middle?



This Gerbera Daisy is my favorite!  They are so simple and strong!  And this one actually got some help from me to grow!  I put a little raised bed in place with some pavers and planted a bed of daisies - unbelievably I have kept them alive for the 2nd year.  Are you getting the idea here that I really like gardening, but I'm not that good at it?


I planted azaleas on the north side, but they are getting too much shade, so sadly, this will be the only bloom until I transplant them to a "more desirable locale".



This Chrysler Imperial is my greatest success story!  We've had 2 tree roses by the front door for about 10 years, and they bloom like wild!  This Beauty has the most heavenly scent!



Baby Girl found this ladybug and thought she might want to be part of my blog!



Baby Boy made this birdhouse from a kit when he was 5.  You can barely see it, but he wrote "Birds Enter Hear".  Thankfully his spelling has improved over the years!



Finally, here's one of my 2 cats - Simon.  He's not part of the outdoors, but he dreams of wild bird dinners - sorry Simon, it's Friskies again tonight!



Hope you enjoyed visiting the outdoors here in my neighborhood!  Thanks for stopping by!  Why don't you swing on over to A Southern Daydreamer and see what else is happening on Outdoor Wednesday!


7 comments:

  1. Gorgeous flowers, the Gerbera are one of my favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did enjoy all the pictures of various flowers and the kitty, That little birdhouse is neat. I can see why you kept it,

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all your pictures! Simon looks like my Morgan. Gerbera Daisies are one of my favorite flowers!

    ~ Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your flowers look great. Mine are looking pretty spent now. :( Love the little birdhouse. We need that ladybug at our house. Can you bring her down?

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely yard you have! What a sweet capture of the ladybug. I have some gerbera daisies too. I just love them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very lovely pictures. Love the ladybug :-)

    Jocelyn
    http://justalittlesouthernhospitality.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Outdoor Wednesday- a day late! :-)
    I am just getting around to visiting all the blogs.
    Very sweet photos! The color of your Iris is gorgeous and reminds me of my grandmothers. And that photo of the lady bug in your baby girl's hands is so charming!
    CailinMarie
    http://cailinyates.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...