Thursday, May 13, 2010

Running with Joy!

What brings you joy?  I really like joy.  Sometimes I find myself driving home and I just gently realize, I'm full of joy!  There are many things that bring me joy.  Baby Girl's silly faces, Baby Boy's weekly garbage truck report, my children playing on the beach, Hubby coming home early from work...but I'm going to take a very materialistic slant here, shoes bring me joy.

I love shoes!  I even have a t-shirt that a good friend gave me that says, "I (heart) shoes!"  I even wore it to school when it was "Superhero" day and announced that I was a "Shoe-perhero"! Hah!!

A couple of years ago I saw these shoes in a magazine.  They are Coach shoes, but not just any Coach shoes, they are Coach Legacy shoes - I have no idea what the heck that means, but the magazine made a point of calling it out!  So I went in search of these shoes.  I discovered that there are only 2 Coach Legacy stores in the US.  I had to call the Coach Legacy store in New York to obtain these fabulous shoes.

Well, the day they arrived, was a very bad day at work.  I came home in a terrible mood.  But, when I walked in the door and saw my package from the UPS man, I was - you guessed it - filled with joy!  But wait, it got even more joyous!  I opened the plain cardboard box that they arrived in only to find a beautiful, striped Coach bag with a shiny, gleaming box inside!  I gently pulled out the shoebox and opened it.  Ahhh!  There they were, even more beautiful than the picture in the magazine!


I love wearing these shoes!  I walk with a joyful gait all day long.  Plus, they are really comfy!  Surprisingly!

I now have to thank you for not commenting on how big my feet look in these photos!  Yes, my feet are big - 9 1/2, but the camera seemed to add inches to my feet - silly camera!

So, now it's your turn - what brings you joy?


P.S.  It may not surprise you now to learn that I own many pairs of shoes.  I may be bringing a "Shoes-day Tuesday" entry to my blog on occasion - that's something I enjoyed seeing at A Mile in Mom's Manolos.  Check it out - she's got some great shoes! 

Hope you had a great day!





8 comments:

  1. Love the shoes! Unfortunately they don't love me (foot issues). I got laughed at because I wore my croc to work. Ha!

    Great blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your shoes! Fabulous! I'm afraid I'm with Carly right now - having to wear the crocs to work until my achilles tendon heals up. I look so professional until you see the shoes. :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your new shoes! Need a pair for myself:) Shoes are on of my materialistic loves too. I love wearing heels at least once a week as they make me feel taller but my favourite shoes are comfy Birkenstocks for when I get home. Great post!

    Holly
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. those are some amazing shoes! Wow. Only two stores in the whole US? Interesting...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Joy? Your visit to my blog. Thanks so much for stopping by. I love those shoes. They remind me of my fuschia plant in the same colors. Happy spring!

    Best,
    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  6. I must have lost that gene somewhere along the way because I am not a shoe fanatic!
    My daughter and niece are though!

    Love those sweet shoes you have......where would I ever wear such cute shoes though!
    I am usually in my crocs or muck boots on the tractor! lol

    Hugz, Dolly

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE the shoes! You should come link up on SHOESday!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...