I'm hooking up this week with Sue over at It's A Very Cherry World to celebrate Rednesday!
Look at this little beauty!
It's my Kindle.
I'm having a very tumultuous relationship with my Kindle, and have been every since I received it (after months of begging) from Hubby at Christmas.
I love the red cover. And I actually do love my Kindle. But it also causes me dismay. So here's my love/hate list for my Kindle!
1. Love - Ok, I have to admit it...I love when people look at me and say, "Wow, is that a Kindle?" (Vanity, thy name is...well...me!)
2. Hate - I told a friend about a book that I read that I really enjoyed - Open by Andre Agassi. She asked if she could borrow it - well, that's kind of a problem. No more loaning of great books to friends!
3. Love - I love reading the NY Times on my Kindle - I feel so "eco-friendly". No trees have died for my love of the newspaper!
4. Hate - "Next page" - there's nothing like the feeling of holding that book page between your fingers and waiting for the anticipation of turning it and finding out how the story unfolds. Instead, I push, "Next page - or Previous Page" when need be.
5. Love - Books - I don't have to drive to the store and purchase a book. If a book comes out today, I can have it downloaded in seconds! And, it's cheaper! Hey, that's kind of "eco-friendly" again, no gas, no pollution...hmmm...
6. Hate - Dead batteries - yes, I have to recharge my Kindle. Never had the problem of a book not ready to be read yet.
Well, the truth is, I'm not going to give up my Kindle, and I'm not going to give up buying books. I love wandering through a bookstore. Just the smell of a new book brings me joy!
So, I'll continue to struggle - I'm ok with it!
Don't forget to pop on over to It's A Very Cherry World to see who else is participating today!