Monday, January 31, 2011

Running with a Great Book!

Just finished a great book called Little Bee by Chris Cleave.  It was the kind of book that you can breeze through.  It was a really engaging book that I didn't want to put down.

It's the story of 2 women - Sarah, an Englishwoman, and Little Bee, a Nigerian refugee.  I love books like this - the kind that start in present day and then catch you up with the story by taking you back to the past.  There was a terrible thing that happened to Little Bee and Sarah in the past.  They reconnect when Sarah's husband dies and we learn about the integrity of both women.  I have to admit that the ending was a little disappointing; however, it's still a good read.

I'm linking over to a great book blog that I found recently called Food for Thought.  This blogger must read around the clock - I'm so envious.  She gives great book reviews and relates the books to food - two of my most favorite things!  Check it out!

Oh, and tell me...what are you reading lately?

Thanks for visiting today!


6 comments:

  1. Thanks for the book rec...I will add it to my list of books to read :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, this is icing on the cake for someone who just got a Kindle...I'm adding Little Bee to my list to search for and I'm going to hop over to Food for Thought.
    I've just finished Heaven is for Real by Todd Burpo...about his 4 year old son who died and came back to tell his preacher father things that amazed him...I'm almost finished with The Potluck Club, Book 1 by Linda Evans Shepherd...and also going back and forth to read Jane Eyre. Snow day today...what shall I do...READ!!!
    Have a great day :)
    ~victoria~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ugh unfortunately I'm reading about prostate cancer right now. But I'd rather be reading this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi cathy, thanks for linking my blog! i went ahead and added you into mr linky for food for thought this month, its always great to share good books! i loved this one, thought it was a powerful book.

    i wish i was reading round the clock... only a couple hours a night, and when i miss that i feel like my little world is collapsing!

    happy reading to you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the review of this one. It sounds like a book I'd enjoy. Just need more time for reading! ~ Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've heard so much about this book, I'm intrigued.

    I'm also a book & wine lover, running not so much...fun sidebar with your running & donut widgets :-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...