Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Running in the kitchen!

I love summer because it means that I can go through all the recipes that I have saved since Spring vacation and tackle them during summer!

This week I made Grilled Naan filled with Herbs and Cheese.  I found this recipe in one of my favorite magazines - Fine Cooking.

One of my favorite Indian dishes is Butter Chicken.  But the reason I love it so much is that I usually use Naan bread to soak up all the glorious sauce that the chicken is resting in.  So, when I saw this recipe I thought I would give it a try.

First, I made a very simple dough using the dough hook on my mixer.  I rolled out the dough and filled it with a mix of cilantro, garlic, cashews, and mint that had been put in a food processor.
 
 
Next,  I pinched the sides of the bread together and turned it over gently roll it flat again.
 
 
After grilling for about 4-5 minutes on each side, this was the delicious result!  I think the grill marks make it look even better!  Oh, and the green stuff, that's just the herb stuffing - I had to mention that as my son said it looked like mold!  (Aren't kids great?!?)
 
Well, I'm trying a new recipe today for marinated flank steak - I'm excited to let you know how that turns out...but in the meantime, check out Bo's Bowl because he is having a fantastic giveaway!  A $40 gift certificate to CSN stores.  This is an online retailer that has many wonderful items for the kitchen and home!   Here's a huge shout out to Bo - I have tried several of his delicious recipes, Sausage and Angel Hair pasta, Blondie Brownies, and last night I tried his recipe for Sweet Grilled Balsamic Chicken - all very tasty!

So, what's cooking at your house this summer?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...