Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Running...from Winery to Winery


While in Napa, I ran across a book that featured pictures of winery doors.  After I saw the book I really started noticing the beautiful doors of some of the wineries we visited.  They really are lovely and each unique in its own way. 

This one is from Peju Vineyards.  I love the stone work around the door. 
 

Notice the carving - it's of a young girl pouring a pitcher into a large vase that has grapes carved into it. (Sorry, it's a little hard to see - just use your imagination!)



This door is also from Peju.  I love the color and the handle!

These doors are both from the Castle.  I love the old world style of the dark wood and the hardware.


Ok, this is not a door, but I thought this bench looked so peaceful under the arbor at Sterling Vineyards!
Thanks for stopping by today!  Be sure to check out Outdoor Wednesday over at A Southern Daydreamer and see what else is going on outdoors!

6 comments:

  1. What fun to see sights in my own backyard (sort of)...always enjoy discovering another California blogger. First time visiting from Outdoor Wed. Stop by and say hi!
    Jane T.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love doors too! We have a beautiful front door at our house made from sequoia wood and looks like an old tavern style door with black wrought iron, great doors just make you want to open them up and see what is inside! Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wonderful photos of doorways. i love the light and shadows in the last photo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a great idea for a post. Love the look of custom made door. These are lovely.
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just checked out your blog. Lovely pics.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...