Friday, April 8, 2011

Running...obsessed!

I'm obsessed...in a good way!  What, you may, ask am I obsessed by?  These little delights!

Cake Balls!

Yeah, I know, I love just saying the name too...cake balls...cake balls...cake balls.  Ok, the official name is Cake Pops - if you want to get all technical!

I am obsessed with them!  I've made, perhaps, 4 batches in the last month, and I have 2 batches ready to go in the fridge!  They are delicious, dangerously bite-sized, and so easy to make! And, they taste like a little chocolate covered truffle!
 
I first heard about them from a friend at work.  Then, I googled them and found so many wonderful blogs with cake pop/ball ideas!  Check out this one - Bakerella- apparently the first to ever introduce them!

Here's what you do:
 
1)  Make a box cake and let cool.

2)  Crumble in a bowl and add 1/2 cup of canned frosting.  Mix into a "truffle-like" dough.

 
3)  Refrigerate over night.

4)  Roll and smash into little balls!  Refrigerate again, over night.
 
5)  Buy candy melts - I use Wilton.  Melt and dip a lollipop stick into the melted candy, and insert into the cake balls.  Let sit for a short time, and then dip the entire ball into the melted candy.  Sprinkle on anything you want!


6)  Stick these lollipop sticks into styrofoam to let dry and harden.

7)  Pour yourself a glass of milk and watch them disappear.

8)  Go to department store and purchase a new pair of jeans in the next size up, now that you have discovered cake balls!

I found an idea for cake pop carrots!  They are awaiting me in the fridge - I'll let you know how mine turn out - great idea!!

Thanks for visiting!  And, in case you haven't noticed...after not blogging for 2 months, I have now gone a full 7 days of posting!  Yeah me!!

Now, let me know what lovely delight you are obsessed with!

4 comments:

  1. I've always wanted to try making these.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE cake balls, but have never attempted to make them. My secret obsession is probably a chocolate cake donut (pretty close to a cake ball).

    ReplyDelete
  3. A friend of mine from work also just recently introduced me to the joys of cake pops! I was very impressed with her efforts. I've got to make them now too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. At the moment, I am obsessed with Cadbury Creme Eggs. I think I need to bike to the nearest convenience store and get me one right now!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...