Monday, April 4, 2011

Running with change!

Today I'm linking up with Between Naps on the Porch for her Metamorphisis Monday. 

Something I really love, as you may know, is wine.  The "Infamous" Wine Gurus took hubby and me on a Napa Valley Road Trip last summer.  We came home with a few bottles, ok, more than a few, ok, about a case and a half (which equals about 18 - 20 bottles).  Well, when we only had a few bottles, we kept them in our clothes closet.  Yeah, not fancy at all, but it was the summer time when we began really drinking good wine, and the kitchen in the summer is pretty warm.  So, when we walked in the house with almost 2 cases of wine, it looked like all my shoe shelves would have to be sacrificed for wine.  My love of shoes and wine is close to equal, but my shoes already had a home.  So, an idea was born...

At the end of our hallway is a tiny little linen closet.  Really, too tiny for towels and sheets, so it was filled with a hodge-podge of stuff - scrapbooks, paper, computer supplies.    My idea was to transform this little tiny linen closet, into a ...wine closet.  This closet is actually in the heart of our house, so it's not close to any windows, which means that it would remain cool, even in the summertime.  It was perfect.
 

I needed wine holders, so I found some insulated irrigation pipe, and cut it to fit - even more insulation to keep the wine cool.  I added some pieces of dry erase board to fit on the inside of the doors, so I could keep track of which wine we had, and numbered the wine "pipes".  It's perfect!





We refer to it as the "Wine Cellar", and we pretend we're walking down stairs when we go get a bottle!  Fun!!

Thanks for stopping by today (3 days in a row!!)!  Be sure to check out the other great ideas at Between Naps on the Porch!

3 comments:

  1. Love this idea! We're Wineaux-s too! We like to go to the race track for the annual Finger Lakes Wine Festival every year. It's such a fun weekend, we usually come back with a couple of cases, too. I love the idea of keeping track of which wine is in which cubby with the dry erase board. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cathy -
    I love your wine closet...what a creative use of space. You've got my wheels turning as to what can I use for a modified wine cellar.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so smart! You must be related to me! LOL

    This is such a fun idea and I love the idea of walking "down" to the wine cellar.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...