Friday, April 15, 2011

Running...raw!

I love it RAW!  No, not like the World Wrestling Federation kind of raw, but the Sushi kind of raw!  Yum!!  So, here it is Friday, during the Lenten season, and every practicing Catholic is either at McDonald's getting their Filet-o-Fish, or at the local sushi restaurants!  My choice tonight?  Sushi!  I love sushi!  And, what could be better than drive-thru sushi?  A little place opened up a couple months ago - drive thru!  Nice!

Here is what we ordered tonight!  Seaweed salad (very crunchy, but gets in your teeth), California Roll, Rainbow Roll, and a Lion Roll.  First time trying the Lion Roll - it crab and tempura shrimp with a spicy sauce and dynomite sauce.  Pretty good - the sushi maker put shredded carrots around it to make it look like a lion - cute!

My favorite though is sashimi (raw fish with no rice).  I love salmon, tuna, and octopus!  We tried to make our own last summer.  Went to our local fish market and bought 1/2 pound of salmon and tuna.  Now, 1/2 a pound doesn't sound like that much, but once we cut it up, it turned out to be something like 25 pieces.  We made ourselves sick eating so much.  I think we figured it wouldn't keep, so we had to eat it.  Honestly, it was a while before I could face sashimi again.  You know, too much of a good thing...

We had the absolute best sushi several years ago when we vacationed in Oahu.  We went to a restaurant called Sushi Sasabune.  They offered something called the "Trust Me" meal.  If you are an adventurer, they will bring you all the fresh fish that has been caught that day.  Each time they brought a new plate they would explain where it was caught, the best sauces to use, and how to eat it.  They just needed to tell me its mother's name, and we would have been on a first name basis.  It was so incredibly fresh and delicious!  Hubby and I made these faces of "eating ectasy" with every piece we ate!  The sushi chefs were laughing at us and our crazy faces - we didn't care!

So, are you a sushi eater?  What's your favorite kind?  Are you open to trying something unusual?

Thanks for stopping by today!

3 comments:

  1. You make it sound so good. I don't think I've ever had really good sushi. One day........

    (okay - it's the seaweed - yech)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I make it a point to eat sushi at LEAST once a week. AT LEAST. There's a sushi place across the street from my apartment so it's too easy not to! Seaweed salad is a definite fave, but honestly I'll eat any of it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't mind California rolls, but that's about it!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...